Thursday, June 9, 2011

Looky What I Got!

I bet you didn't know I had an adorable blog!  Well, my fellow bandster Ronnie at Ronnie's Bandumentary sure thinks so.  And I really appreciate it!  Thanks, Ronnie--and everyone else that has been a supporter of me through the beginnings of my journey.

Part of this award is nominating someone else for it, but also to offer up 10 things about myself.  What a great way to get to know your fellow blogger.  I enjoyed reading Ronnie's list, and doubt I can come up with anything nearly that interesting!  BUT--in the spirit of things, here goes:

1.  I curse like a sailor.  As a Christian, this is my biggest challenge.   I try not to do it around my little ones, but if I hurt myself, holy moley I go off.  I have been trying to insert silly words in for the bad ones, but what I really need to do is figure out a different way to express pain/anger/frustration.

2.  My 6 year old daughter, Phoebe, has diagnosed "moderate autism".  She is such a sweetheart and the joy of my life, along with her younger sister.  I never knew I would love being a mom so much. If I could have 2 more I would.

3. I love my husband.   He is my best friend and my biggest champion.  He is my sweetheart and there is no one else that understands me better.  I love that he still holds my hand, opens doors for me, and stands up from a table when I do, even after almost 10 years of being together.

4.  I think my minivan is quite possibly the most kickass car I have ever driven.  It does everything except wipe your butt.  It's freaking fabulous and I can't believe I used to say, "I will NEVER drive a minivan!".

5. I hate my toes.  I have my mother's toenails which have a slight curve to them.  My sister's toes are fabulous and I'm jealous as hell of them. LOL.

6. When I was at my heaviest, I refused to attempt to make any friends or socialize on any level other than facebook.  If you know me, then you know how CRAZY that is.  I used to be a very social person.

7.  I have been accepted into the Culinary Program at St. Philip's College here in San Antonio.  My passion is cooking and I have been a home baker for several years now, selling baked goods to local folks.  My specialty is Texas Sheet Cake.

8.  Although I have owned a condominium, the home we bought here in San Antonio is our first official "home" as in "house".  We love it and are very happy here.

9.  I'm a Texan, but not a native.  *gasp* I moved to Houston with my parents when I was 18 months old.  I was born in Wilmington, Delaware.  Neither of my parents are from DE, either!  It was a job transfer, and a short one at that.  My dad was from PA and my mom from NJ.  My older sister was born in CT.  They all considered themselves Texans in the end and so do I!  (and yes, I have an accent!)

10. I spent lots of my summers and Christmases in south Florida because in the 60s my grandparents, aunts, and uncles migrated down from Connecticut.  I consider FL my second home and adore it (Ft Myers, Naples, Captiva/Sanibel, and the Keys).  We hope to someday have property there.

So there you go!  I told you it was kinda dull!!

By the way, my nomination for this award goes to.... my pal Jes and her blog http://mamamonner.blogspot.com

Jes, steal the badge, and write 10 things about yourself on your blog!  Congrats!!



2 comments:

  1. I don't know what I'll ever learn to control my response when I hurt myself, I fire off F-bombs like they're going out of style. Ugh. Then of course you feel guilty!

    Though I do know what you mean about staying in when you were at your heaviest, I know the farther you get into this journey the more you'll re-emerge from your shell. And it's going to be FAB-U-LOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this is AWESOME!

    First, I never would of guessed in a million years that you have the mouth of a sailor! I guess we learn something new ever day!!

    And, thanks for nominating me! That's so sweet! :)

    ReplyDelete