Wednesday, April 6, 2011

The Omelette Queen Reigns Supreme

I am telling you--two years ago I could barely make a fried egg, let alone an omelette.  The best I could do was scrambled eggs, and I won't lie--I can make seriously kick-butt scrambled eggs.  Cheese and green onions added to eggs cooked so soft and tender (but not wet!!) they are clouds of poofy cheesy goodness.

Omelettes, though--well, the thought of them just intimidated the hell out of me.

I started practicing my omelette making skills (? for lack of a better word, LOL) a little over a year ago.  Initially, it was an exercise in futility, because reading about how to make an omelette just doesn't work. I ended up watching several different videos on how to do it properly, and I began experimenting.  All those eggs, burned cheese, dark brown edges (a big no-no), and missteps on fillings...they have paid off, finally.  I've been able to make a pretty sweet omelette now for several months.  I mean, it looks really good.  I can flip it in the pan and everything, just like that wretched Julia Child (okay, I actually love her.). I'm sorry for the brag, but I can't help it.  There are so few things I am actually GREAT at, that I just have to shout this one loud and proud. :-D Tonight, I made a 3-egg fluffy omelette filled with Virginia ham, broccoli, and gruyere.  Matt and I split it.  It was heavenly!  Absolutely heavenly.

Went up to Lifetime tonight and did 30 minutes on the treadmill at a 6 incline and 3.0 mph.  Not a lot, but I'm meeting my trainer Curtis at 10AM tomorrow and I know he is going to kick my ass so I took it easy.  He wants me to register for the 90-day weight loss challenge.  He is totally convinced we will win! LOL.  Should be interesting...

Weigh in tomorrow!  Yay!

3 comments:

  1. I would love to be able to meake a great omelette! That's so cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks y'all!! I need my own omelette food truck. LOL

    ReplyDelete