Monday, March 7, 2011

9th Circle of Bandster Hell

My apologies to Dante Alighieri for the title of this post. 

And really, it isn't as bad as I thought it would be. More like Purgatorio. Yep, I can eat more right now; yet I am fully aware that I am still not eating nearly what I was pre-band.  Such an odd feeling.  I am sure I will be more than ready for a fill when the time comes.  I can see why most people do not like this stage--you do have to be seriously careful to stay within the range needed to lose weight.  Tonight, I had spaghetti (quelle horror!  Pasta!) and green beans.  I could have eaten the whole can of green beans and I probably could have had more spaghetti.  But I didn't.  I stuck with 1 small bowl (like a small cereal bowl).  Pre-surgery I would have been able to have at least one BIG bowl of spaghetti with 2-3 meatballs.  I still stay full pretty well--I can go 3-4 hours between meals without even really thinking about food, so that's good.  I am aware of my choices and thankfully, most everything in the pantry is geared toward my banded existence.

Still...I'm looking forward to Bandster Paradiso.   Restriction, and perhaps a smaller swimsuit size. :-)

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like things are going well!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad things are going great for ya!

    Try eating your food on a little kids plate using little kid silverware. Your portion will be smaller... and it will take you longer to eat which will make you fuller longer. :)

    I tried that. But with my surgery it doesn't really help since my belly can only hold so much at once. I can only eat so much before I feel like I'm going to spew.

    ReplyDelete