Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Surgery is Tomorrow Morning

How do I feel? Well, slightly anxious, but overall...I've just been too busy to think about it much. Trying to get as much stuff done as possible to make it easy on Matt since neither one of us really knows how I am going to feel after this.

I have also been sick, so that has taken my mind off of things. The girls gave me their cold--how generous of them. lol. Fortunately, the doc's office says as long as I don't have a fever--and I don't--things should go off just as they should.

So, what is in store for me for the first two weeks? Apparently, protein drinks, skim milk, clear broth, and jello. Now that is what I call variety. Hopefully the two weeks will go by quickly and I will move on to phase 2--the "mushies". Sounds lovely, don't it? *wink* I can have anything that can be mushed up, basically. Sweet potatoes, creamed soups, yogurts, fruits, veggies. After four weeks total, I will be ready to go back to good ol' regular food. I am going to try--try try try--to stay as close to clean foods as possible...foods as close to their pure form as they can get, with little to no processing. I don't know how that is going to work with the girls and their favorite American cheese slices, but I will have to work on it. For me, that is going to mean that I will be cooking fairly healthy meals. This is where the band will help me the most. If I do my part, the band will do its part. My calorie consumption is going to be somewhere around 700-1000 calories a day. If I walk 30 minutes every day, I should see at least a 2-4 lb a week loss, which will put me at a 40 lb loss, at 2 lbs a week, in June when we go to FL. That would be really nice! I wouldn't feel quite so self-conscious about my weight. The doctor said I will see the largest weight loss in the first few months. That should be interesting.

The procedure will take 45 minutes, approximately. I have to be at the surgery center at 6AM. Surgery is at 8AM. I am not really "nervous"--just anxious to get to the next phase, because I want to see how difficult it is going to be for me to lose with my thyroid issues and PCOS.


Well, I better go...Paige is crying. I will check back, if I can, tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment