Thursday, February 17, 2011

Day Two, or "Don't Forget to Take Pain Meds"

The word of the day is: SORE :o)

Very tender today. Mainly from center to left side of abdomen. LorTab is my friend.

I woke up at 6:30 to help Matt with Phoebe and Paige. When they were all gone I took a dose of pain meds and went back to bed. I just woke up about an hour ago....very sore. So, I took some again and am feeling better. I think my window is 5 hours (the bottle says 4-6). Tastes bloody awful. Bitter! Ick. Though not like that iodine contrast from yesterday...now THAT was bitter! Whew.

Here is what I've eaten today:

3/4 c. chicken broth
2 popsicles (sugar-free)
2 lifesavers to suck on
some water (how am I going to get 64 oz a day down me when I am supposed to "sip"?)

isn't that fabulous? And I'm not really hungry at all. I think what I thought were stomach rumblings were really just intestinal sounds. It's hard to say.
Matt will be picking Paige up from Mother's Day out in about an hour and then he heads back to work. I will be helping Phoebe off the bus since he has to go right back to work.

I am excited that tomorrow I will be even more "on the mend" and back to myself. I can't wait to see how I feel in a week. I am not looking for any big losses, but it will be interesting to see if I've lost any weight. I ordered my Tanita scale last night off of Amazon so hopefully that will be here around my 1 week Banderversary!! <---is that how you spell it? LOL

Back to bed for me. Just wanted to update!

2 comments:

  1. Happy Resting! I'm afraid to tell you, my hunger is back. (8 days post-op) It does not take much to fill me up though...but the liquids are getting old. Can't wait for next week. Good luck and heal quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay Polly! I am so happy for you that you're banded!!

    ReplyDelete